- 2 cups bran flakes , crushed (or substitute multi-grain flakes)
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1/2 cup skim milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Crush cereal, and place in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add oatmeal, wheat germ, and cinnamon; set aside.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, combine yogurt, applesauce, vanilla, honey, beaten egg, and skim milk powder: mix well to combine.
- 4Add baking soda and baking powder to the yogurt mixture. Mix well.
- 5Gradually add the cereal and oatmeal mixture to the yogurt mixture and stir well.
- 6Add raisins and mix to combine.
- 7Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the batter and roll it into a ball. Place onto a non-stick cookie sheet, or lined with baking parchment, and lightly flatten.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes. Makes 24 cookies.
Oh and by the way I, The Food Guru, did what they forgot to do on the original site, calculate the caloric information! For one 24th of this recipe (or one cookie bar), it's around 80 calories. And there's no processed sugar in any of that, just sweet, natural honey! YUM.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-breakfast-cookies-and-bars-fiber-protein-and-fruit-147262#ixzz1g2O615ha